You may not always have the ingredients or the time for the made-from-scratch homemade body butters. In that case, try this shortcut method!
Using shea butter products that are already infused with fragrance and/or other ingredients instead of raw shea butter, you can skip some steps from the "purist" method.
This also works well if you have a shea butter product you like but want to make it more spreadable.
1. Shea butter infused with fragrance. We used Nubian Heritage Shea Butter with Olive Oil and Green Tea in this example.
2. Optional: Coconut Oil or Olive Oil (or any other carrier oil of your choice). Make the amount match that of the shea butter (100%).
1. Scoop the content out of your shea butter into a mixing bowl.
2. Using a hand blender or hand mixer, whip the content until your desired consistency. With hand blender, as used here, you may find that the content gets stuck inside in the beginning. Keep scooping it out with a spoon and it will get softer.
3. Optional Step. If you simply wanted to make your shea butter more spreadable, you can stop here. If you do want to make it more fluffy and airy, add oil here (same amount as the shea butter). Keep blending until well incorporated and you get your desired fluffiness.
That's it! Put it back to your container. You will probably need another container or two to put all the content in since it has increased in volume with the air inside.
Spread it on your skin and let it soak. Yum.