Here's a super simple recipe for all natural DIY body butter. If you need that extra loving for your winter skin or just want to pamper yourself, whip some up at the comfort of your own home this season!
1 part Shea butter
1 part Cocoa Butter or Mango Butter
1. Put all ingredients in a ceramic bowl or glass measuring cup. Place it in a wide pan on a stove with about an inch of water (just make sure the water doesn't overflow into your ingredients!). Turn on the heat, low to medium. When it starts to boil, lower the heat. Take a metal spoon or chopstick and stir occasionally until all ingredients except essential oils melt.
2. Turn on the heat, low to medium. When it starts to boil, lower the heat.
3. Take a metal spoon or chopstick and stir occasionally until all ingredients except essential oils melt.
4. Remove the bowl from heat and let it cool until warm to touch
5. Add essential oils. We add them at last as essential oils are delicate to heat.
6. Let it cool overnight or put it in the refrigerator until it solidifies but still kind of soft in the middle. If it becomes too hard, it may be hard to whip, although it won't be possible.
7. Take a hand blender and whip away until nice and fluffy. If you don't have a hand blender, you can also use food processor or standard blender.
All done! Put the content into glass jar(s). We like to put it into several small containers to minimize air exposure while using, so the shelf life can extended. To further extend the shelf life, use amber jars to protect the content from the light.
Now get into bath and pamper yourself.